SkyBean ChaseCam Universal Mounting Kit
SkyBean ChaseCam – universal platform
This ChaseCam model has an universal platform that allows you to mount almost every action camera. Since each camera has a different weight and dimensions, adjustments such as balancing and correcting rope length will be necessary. Universal platform serves for sticking an adhesive camera mount.
There are 2 sets of wings you can select: bigger and smaller ones
- If your camera weight is up to 100g – you need the smaller wings
- If your camera weight is over 100g – you need the bigger wings
Balancing ChaseCam with small wings
- If the weight of camera including casing and mount is 90g - there is no need for adjustment, ChaseCam should be balanced
- if the weight of camera including casing and mount is less than 90g – balance ChaseCam to 90g by adding weight in the front (camera casing)
- If the weight of camera including casing and mount is from 90 to 100g – add weight of 5g in the rear part of the body
Balancing ChaseCam with large wings
- If the weight of camera including casing and mount is from 100 to 115g – balance ChaseCam to 115g by adding weight in the front and tight the hanging rope by 2 holes backwards
- If the weight of camera including casing and mount is from 115g to 130g – balance ChaseCam to 130g by adding weight in the front and tight the hanging rope by 1 hole backwards
- If the weight of camera including casing and mount is from 130g to 140g – balance ChaseCam to 140g by adding weight in the front part of body and the hanging rope stays on usual place
- If the weight of camera including casing and mount is from 140 to 150g – add weight of 5g in the rear part of ChaseCam
Balancing procedure may be different in combination with different types of gliders and desired video scene.
SkyBean ChaseCam is a unique product that will allow you to capture an amazing video of your flight from an angle never seen before. Re-live your adventure from a perspective of an eagle following you throughout the entire flight. The ChaseCam allows you to share your flying experience with friends and loved ones.
|Suitable for various action cameras - GoPro Hero 3, 3+, 4, GoPro Hero 4/5 Session, GoPro Hero 5/6 Black, Gitup Git2. ChaseCam does not include a camera.|
|We created a simple, but sophisticated device, so everyone is able to launch smoothly and safely, with ChaseCam on board or from the ground.|
|Construction is made from lightweight and durable plastic.|
|We spent hundreds of hours in research and development using aerodynamic and wind tunnel simulations. ChaseCam is absolutely safe to use and does not affect the quality of flight.|
|Stable output from the ChaseCam is achieved by using an aerodynamically stable profile, which was developed during hours of simulations and with practical tests in a wind tunnel.|
Camera case is made from tough material, which protects it during non ideal takeoffs and landings. Wings are made from flexible material and are assembled with laces, so it is hard to break it.
We upgraded the design for maximum security of your action camera. Fix the camera in the ChaseCam housing with the silicon band. Silicon band is including in the package. Housing for GoPro Hero Session does not need silicon band.
ChaseCam heads are produced with the newest technology of 3D printing. Those prints are heat sensitive. Do not leave ChaseCam in hot / sunny places for long time. Product can not be exposed to long-term pressure. After using ChaseCam do not leave camera inside and let loose silicon band so it does not deform the head.
SkyBean ChaseCam weight is only 170 grams. In normal flight (approx. 40km/h), it produces about 1.5N brake force, enough to fly a safe distance from the lines.
SkyBean ChaseCam is connected to the canopy with bungee rope, stretched only 13% during normal flight, what brings extra safety in case it is accidentally tangled up in the lines. Please read user guide on our support page.
SkyBean ChaseCam was developed especially with a focus on safety. During normal flight, ChaseCam flies behind far enough with no adverse effect on the glider or flight speed. We know, as active pilots, what can happen in the air and because of that, we also tested SkyBean ChaseCam in non standart flight situations.
When you activate your speed system or when you turn a spiral, increased speed will produce more brake force and the bungee rope will be stretched more, therefore ChaseCam will go further away from the glider, and then the photo image takes in the entire canopy and pilot. There is some possibility that ChaseCam will tangle if incorrectly exiting from a spiral, like during a big wing-over. You can see a little kick in what is captured when you enter or leave a strong thermal, but don't worry, safety level is high. Small wing-overs will bring ChaseCam closer to the lines with nice video effect. Really big wingovers can tangle ChaseCam into the lines, but with no safety concern; the photo image will temporarily face elsewhere. During asymmetrical collapse, dynamic or held, the glider is still moving forward, so ChaseCam still produces braking force, so this maneuver won't tangle the ChaseCam. A dynamic frontal stall is usually recovered very quickly with some altitude lost, which will ensure no adverse effect on the ChaseCam's position from the glider. During a B-stall, the glider will lose its forward speed, and therefore ChaseCam can be tangled in the lines, particularly if you pull it dynamically.
- Head - camera case
- Silicon band for fixing the camera
- Bungee rope with clip for canopy connection
- Wings (ChaseCam body)
- Laces (ChaseCam body)
- Velcro (for harness launch)